Endless Beaches, Great Hotels and your very own Fat Bike is what Fat Attack is all about.
This 2 day trip along the Sunshine Coast is one of our more popular rides as it exposes the riders to all the hidden gems along this incredible coastline.
At a cost of only R2950 pp and limited to a group of 40 riders, this is one not to miss. See package details below.
It’s not a Race – unless you want to make it one … The Fat Attack concept is to ride as a group, paddle your bikes across the river mouths, stop for pics, refreshments at local trading stations and most of all – just breathe in the beauty of this Eastern Cape coastline. All of this adds up to the most perfect 2-day “chilled out” beach ride one could ever wish for.
If you want to arrive early, you can book in at Halyards the night before to ensure you are fresh for the morning start.
Port Alfred, halfway between Port Elizabeth and East London, is our starting point for this 2 day adventure. We head straight to the beach and this section of the coast is cluttered in beautiful blind rivers and estuaries. Our 1st village is Kleinemond, just 18km down the coast, and 10km further on is the mouth of the mighty Fish River and depending on tide we either cross at the mouth or head inland over the R72 bridge. We can almost start smelling the Mpekweni Hotel (our home for the evening) as we make our way through the Fish River Sun Golf Estate and onto the beach for the last 15 km where cold beer awaits and the 40km day is “Done and Dusted”
After a lavish Mpekweni breakfast we are back onto the beach passing the beach cottages at Begha, 10km from the start. What awaits us next is the mighty Keiskamma River and the hamlet of Hamburg. We are off the beach and our first real climb as we take forest tracks up and over. Our next interesting navigation is the Chalumna River and to our finish line at Kaysers Beach. This is normally a boat trip but will be tide dependent. It’s a fun-filled 48km day with – hopefully – the prevailing West wind giving you a push.
A shuttle can be arranged to drop you back at the start at Port Alfred to collect your car or do an airport transfer to East London.
R2 950 per person
This cost includes
– 1 night accommodation at Mpekweni Hotel
– Rental of a Rapid Fat Cat Pro fat bike
– all meals – breakfast, lunch & supper
– 2 days of unbelievable beach & beauty
– Back-up luggage truck and Spare Bike
– Accommodation at Halyards Hotel in Port Alfred – R925
– Shuttle Bus from PE airport and back to East London airport (SQ)
– Non-riding companion in Back-up vehicle – R2100
Payments via EFT accepted. Credit card payments can be made at our offices in Walmer, PE.
Cancellations are subject to the following costs:
– 75% of entry fee will be refunded if written notice is received 8 months before, balance is retained for admin costs.
– 50% of entry fee will be refunded if written notice is received 6 months before.
– 25% of entry fee will be refunded if written notice is received 3 months before.
– 45 days or less 0% will be refunded.
– No refunds on extras.
8 Repens Rd, Paradyskloof
P O Box 12083, Die Boord
Email Team Red Cherry
Cell +27 (0)82 691 3515